
Wow! It is already mid-August! The summer camp season ended this past weekend and I'm still catching up on my sleep. Overall, it was a wonderful summer and I wouldn't trade the experience. I learned more about working with others, about children, about God, and about myself.
Since my last post, I spent a week in Oregon visiting family on the coast. We had a wonderful week filled with good weather. Forty members of my mom's side of the family were able to attend the reunion. I was able to spend some time on the beach, do some hiking, and spend a day in Astoria with my father.
While on vacation, I received a call offering me a job. Yes! A teaching job! Originally I was going to be teaching 2nd grade, but I have now been moved to first grade. I have new teacher orientation tomorrow and Friday. Next week is my full week of teacher pre planning. I have a long list of tasks to accomplish before then, but I am confident that I will get them done. If not, I can at least prioritize and accomplish the most necessary tasks.
Also, since my last post, I had to say goodbye to my best friend. My friend Ben has now moved to North Carolina to complete his seminary degree. We have been close friends for a very long time and he is very special to me. Thank goodness there is skype. If and of you have skype, feel free to add me!
No comments:
Post a Comment