Hello World! I have missed you! Really, I have. I have lived in my classroom and in training meetings all week. If something developed in the tropics this week, I don't know about it. I have been so absorbed in my new job that this week has FLOWN by and I still have more to do!
I started the week by being moved to kindergarten. I was originally going to be teaching second grade, was then moved to first, and now due to enrollment increases I have been moved to kindergarten. On Monday I started with 18 students on my roster. Yesterday, after kindergarten orientation I had 19 and today I added another. They all seemed sweet in the hour or so that they were in my room with their parents, but many of them were very shy. They were also still subdued because they aren't used to getting up so early- and school STARTS at 7:30. Most likely 2 of my students will be moved in a few weeks once another teacher is hired. As someone put it, "The South has risen again!" because we are in the south end of the county and that is where all of the growth has been.
I am including some pictures of my classroom. My theme is "Harman's Harvest" which is a farm theme. My dad brought my rocking chair, which my kindergarten teacher gave me last year when she retired. She had the chair her entire teaching career. Her principal gave it to her. I'm so honored to have it in my first classroom.
I hope you enjoy!
Your Room Looks Amazing!!!!!
ReplyDelete