Sunday, June 5, 2011

School, Gardens, and Books

Wow! Only one week of school left until summer. Things have been EXTREMELY busy at work and in my personal life. Along with standardized testing, our daily curriculum, and assessments, we have been busy in my classroom with art projects and celebrations. We had "Muffins with Mom" for Mother's day, "Donuts with Dad" for Father's Day, and an end of the school year party complete with ice cream and a slide show that I made on iMovie and am very proud of. :)

In other news, I have been busy working in my garden. So far I have been able to eat 2 peaches, three strawberries, many tomatoes, and three heads of broccoli. Later in the summer I will pick cabbage, corn, cantaloupe, watermelon, and more tomatoes. Delish!

I just finished a really good book, which I highly recommend to all. It is called, "Heaving is for Real". The story is about a little boy who suffers from appendicitis and during his surgery goes on a trip to Heaven. It really makes you wonder about what Heaven will be like. Is it different for everyone? Who will you see and what will they look like? Will you recognize them? In the story the boys says that Jesus sits on one side of God and that the angel Gabriel sits on the other, and then the story backs it up with scripture that supports this possibility. I think the aspect I enjoyed most about the story was the parts of scripture used to support the story. I also enjoy the title- simple and to the point. Heaven is for Real. That pretty much says it all!

Happy summer!

1 comment:

  1. I mean, "Heaven is for Real." Obviously, I was in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete